Popular Posts

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wk 4 Comment 2

Karen's original comment:


Telling the WE Story

The Art of Possibilities was a great read.  This week I enjoyed reading about The WE approach.  So many times we operate from fear and don't consider the good of all involved.  The story of the couple troubled by the woman's need for revenge and the story of Roz and her sister were reminders of how we can get stuck. It is important to reach out and take risks in our relationships.

My favorite story from Telling the WE Story was the one about South Africa and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC).  I have heard of the great works of Nelson Mandela and the Rev. Desmund Tutu.  I had not heard about the TRC.   Learning that a government used this approach to begin healing relationship after apartheid was incredible.  That kind of relationship building is exactly what we need in the United States.  It is hard to believe what is true and what is not in American government.  The media seems to have its own agenda.   The US seems to be creating more distance between the classes rather than building the nation as a whole.  We have also done a lot of damage in our relationships with other foreign countries.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to have elected officials who ALL approached governance by telling the WE story.  Maybe then all citizens of the world could meet their basic needs and  have access to basic human rights like affordable education and health care.  The possibility is there.

Reading The Art of Possibility made me think of the song Imagine by John Lennon.  Imagine all the people living life in peace.  Reaching out to others, not taking ourselves to seriously, and realizing everything we need to make the world a better place is already here are the messages I will take from this book. They are the messages I will take with me as I graduate from Full Sail and move into a new phase in my life.




Marsona's Response

I enjoyed the reading this week as well. The I really related to reaching out to my students because this is something I have always done. The thing I am struggling with as they leave me going on to high school is keeping in touch with them when I there are so many educators that feel that the bond that was developed was not real and just let them go. I beg to differ though as I want to be at their high school and college graduations.

No comments:

Post a Comment