Popular Posts

Monday, June 6, 2011

MAC Wk2-2 DB Quickies: CD Ownership, Music Sharing or Spontaneous Listening




When music was real and had lasting messages!
Well, I mostly listened to gospel music growing up and I must say there are several songs that really stick with me but I must say two of my favorite are Your Grace and Mercy, I forget the artist right off hand. The other song is Near the Cross by Frank Williams and the Mississippi Mass Choir. Frank was killed shortly after recording with the choir but he sung as though he knew it was his last recording.
On the secular side of music, I would say songs like All this Love and I Like It by DeBarge and oh my Girl by Morris Day and the Time. Girl was a love song that Morris sang that too many people don’t know about. Also song by Roberta Flack and James Ingram The Music Never Ends. I could just go on and on.
And yes, I remember when CDs came on the scene. When everyone one else had CDs I was still using my cassette tapes of which I still listen to. I used to record from the radio all the time and really have some good tapes with old music. I will never get rid of them. At the time they came out, I would not purchase a cd because they were so expensive, but I now I buy and don’t think nothing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment