Popular Posts

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wk 4 The Art of Possibility Chapters 9-12

Leaders grow Leaders
image from
www.freedigitalimages.net

The process of enrollment. This is such an important factor in every subject that is being taught in school. As teachers were should be compelled to enroll our students into our subjects and create that spark that will keep them, engage them and allow them to embrace new knowledge.

What I got from Being the Board is that I am my own person take responsibility for how I react to others and situations. I try to relay this message to my students on a daily basis. There was no answer in the text of this generation of students who are so vocal and reactive to their environment so my conclusion was to be the example and tell them.

Framing the Possibility is simply put embracing change to make a difference in the lives of others. The story of the little girl coming to school after chemo and the children taking her scarf off her head and laughing when the teacher shaved her head was a dramatic but life changing event for the all the students involved. But we may not have to be as dramatic as this teacher but as educator we will encounter students with unusual circumstances that often times words cannot fix but action an create an event to change the tone of everyone we come in contact with and with clarity being able to decide how.

When Telling the We Story, we are often faced with administrators that don't care about the we story. They just want the job done, so they can explain how they got to their destination using the whole. I have worked with several administrators and cannot help but point out how where I am now compared to where I was before. I am definitely in a place where we is able to reason and work together for the common goal of good of educating our students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment