Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

MAC: Wk2-2 DB Quickies: CD Ownership, Music Sharing or Spontaneous Listening

The first song/artist that touched you on an emotional level, not just a catchy tune, but something that sank in under the skin?


After the 8 Track, then came the Cassette
image from freedigitalphotos.net
Well, I mostly listened to gospel music growing up and I must say there are several songs that really stick with me but I must say two of my favorite are Your Grace and Mercy, I forget the artist right off hand. The other song is Near the Cross by Frank Williams and the Mississippi Mass Choir. Frank was killed shortly after recording with the choir but he sung as though he knew it was his last recording.
On the secular side of music, I would say songs like All this Love and I Like It by DeBarge and oh my Girl by Morris Day and the Time. Girl was a love song that Morris sang that too many people don’t know about. Also song by Roberta Flack and James Ingram The Music Never Ends. I could just go on and on.



Please feel free to comment and add more songs as you please.

No comments:

Post a Comment