Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

MAC WK 2 Free Choice Blog Comment

Kathleen,

I am almost afraid of what is ahead of me after learning all the skills that I have learned here at Full Sail. I so hate that there are still so many teachers at me school that will not embrase technology in allowing their students to be free to explore their content using technology. I am always seeking ways that students can use tools from the web to help them increase their knowledge in other classes. This year, our math scores held us back from being a recognized school and it hurt. So I will be seeking all sites possible to introduce our students to that will allow them to practice their math processes and steps for this upcoming year.

Kathleen's original Message:


Minnesota hosts a technology conference every year, usually around December, the feature workshops on how technology is used in the classroom and also sessions on how this technology affects schools and the legal issues that may come along with them. I would like to take the things I’ve learned and been able to implement in my own classes and share them with the conference goers. I think that it is important to share your successes and failures in the classroom and open up a dialogue that can help you grow as a teacher as well. 

Using technology to increase student literacy is something educators should be exploring more than we are. Kids are plugged in, wired - we need to help them gain the literacy skills they need to be successful in this world. Those skills include traditional skills and 21st century skills. My work with Full Sail has given me the tools to take what I’ve learned and done and share it with others so they too can create a technology rich environment to enhance student learning and engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment